A friend sent me this: you read their 25 things and then write your own. Here was my response.
1. I was named after the country of Ireland. That means I’m named after 4,109,086 people. Nobody can top that except that wrestler, China!
2. My favorite cut of meat is Hugh Jackman.
3. I have 2 children if you count myself and my husband.
4. I have never killed anyone… with my bare hands.
5. My least favorite thing about myself is how introspective and shy I am.
6. When asked who do I miss the most, I answer “My slim thighs”.
7. My favorite sport to watch is The Drama Bowl, which is my husband rolling his eyes and flinging his arms up in the air when I didn’t do something he wanted.
8. I’ve never been to paradise, but I’ve been to me. It was terrifying: there was no gift shop.
9. These kinds of questionnaires always ask where were you born, so I’ll tell you that I was born on a hospital bed, in close approximation to my mom.
10. I didn’t shoot the sheriff, let alone the deputy.
11. The last time I cried was this past Thursday after seeing my paycheck.
12. I have climbed the highest mountains, just to get a better view.
13. I’ve been a Brownie, a Junior Forest Ranger, and a Junior Birdman.
14. My favorite sound is the host’s voice saying I won the Publishing Clearinghouse Sweepstakes. I haven’t heard it yet, but in my dreams, it’s fantastic.
15. I have asked my husband not to bring a date to my funeral. He answered that he can’t make any promises.
16. I plead the fifth on whether I’d sell some of my friends and family into white slavery for a batch of good homemade chocolate chip cookies with nuts.
17. I am not made of sugar and spice and everything nice; at least, not according to my x-rays.
18. I have done research to find out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop.
19. I live in my own world, which is okay because they know me here.
20. I don’t say if the glass is half empty or half full. I say to the waiter, where’s the other half of my drink?
21. I have tuned in at the same Bat time, on the same Bat channel.
22. The bell rings for me as it does for all those who believe.
23. I know all the lyrics to the song “Tequila” by The Champs.
24. I have been a soldier in the Cookie Pushers Corps (aka the Girl Scouts)
25. I can imagine how proud my husband will be when he reads this.