I haven’t done this here in a long while! So here we go!
The quiz is first and then the answers are below.
- But there’s bo0bs in the blender
- I’m stuck with the man in the mirror. I’m asking him to change his face.
- Oops, I dated a pen.
- You like to think that you’re a mule fruity stub
- ‘coz I’m a free roaming perv now, and this perv will watch you change.
- She seems to have an invisible tractor.
- Kick her teeth out, tell me what’s wrong…
- It’s the hammer of lust. It’s the hell of peeing
- That dedgum black kid don’t blame me he went bald.
- She drives me crazy and I can’t heat up an elf
1. Margaritaville by Jimmy Buffett
Real lyric: But there’s booze in the blender
Misheard: But there’s boobs in the blender
The story: When I was a kid, I thought that Buffet was really sick. I heard Margaritaville years later (after I discover that frozen concoction for myself 🙂 ) and suddenly it was all clear.
2. Man In The Mirror by Michael Jackson
Real lyric: I’m starting with the man in the mirror. I’m asking him to change his ways.
Misheard: I’m stuck with the man in the mirror. I’m asking him to change his face.
The story: I was on the phone to my friend and she was listening to it. We started singing it together and she ended up laughing at me for weeks.
3. Oops I Did It Again by Britney Spears
Real lyric: Oops, I did it again.
Misheard: Oops, I dated a pen.
The story: I was singing with my friends in school and they stopped singing, and I was all alone singing the wrong words.
4. Addicted To Love by Robert Palmer
Real lyric: You like to think that you’re immune to the stuff
Misheard: You like to think that you’re a mule fruity stub
The story: This was my sister’s misheard when she was about 4 or 5. It used to crack me up. I still hear “mule fruity stub” once in a while when this song comes on, and i can’t help but laugh.
5. Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd
Real lyric: ‘coz I’m as free as a bird now, and this bird you cannot change.
Misheard: ‘coz I’m a free roaming perv now, and this perv will watch you change.
The story: always loved the song, but first time was a little creeped out
6. Invisible Touch by Genesis
Real lyric: She seems to have an invisible touch, yeah!
Misheard: She seems to have an invisible tractor.
The story: Whenever I hear this song I form a mental image of Phil Collins organizing a field plowing contest on his country estate.
7. Chiquitita by Abba
Real lyric: Chiquitita, tell me what’s wrong…
Misheard: Kick her teeth out, tell me what’s wrong…
The story: I remember my sisters being utterly butterly over the group. Often was the time I would join in singing the songs and was convinced these were the lyrics.
8. If I Had A Hammer by Peter, Paul, and Mary
Real lyric: It’s the hammer of justice. It’s the bell of freedom
Misheard: It’s the hammer of lust. It’s the hell of peeing
The story: My little sister sang it in her concert and I was singing along and my mom was like, “Meredith! How crude!” and I didn’t even know what I did wrong then my mom told me and I laughed then I told my sister and she got mad, saying “I’m trying to sabotage a perfectly good song.”
9. Pinball Wizard by The Who
Real lyric: That deaf, dumb and blind kid sure plays a mean pinball
Misheard: That dedgum black kid don’t blame me he went bald.
The story: Andrea was in the car with her big sister, singing this at the top of her lungs. Her sister made her repeat it many times while cracking up and finally told her what she was singing wrong.
10. She Drives Me Crazy by Fine Young Cannibal
Real lyric: She drives me crazy and I can’t help myself
Misheard: She drives me crazy and I can’t heat up an elf
The story: Surrounded by friends at a Halloween party, I argued that my version was right. I was wrong.