- Little wrinkled rat, baby you’re much too fat….
- I’ll be the water you give birth in baby.
- and baby all we need is just a beer
- We’re the pump boys of the band, flinging meatballs at your feet
- Pretty little wombat I adore
- It only burns when I pee
- I got no job but I’m an opera fan
- She’s got a chicken to hide, but she won’t share!
- Friday night I dressed your Barbie
- Cheese surprise, superstar, Show me frilly knickers and a see-through bra
1. Little red corvette by Prince
Real lyric: Little red corvette, baby you’re much too fast….
Misheard: Little wrinkled rat, baby you’re much too fat….
The story: I caught my mum dancing around the house singing these words while vacuuming, and couldn’t help but crack myself laughing
2. I’ll Be There For You by Bon Jovi
Real lyric: I’ll be the water when you get thirsty, baby
Misheard: I’ll be the water you give birth in baby..
The story: My husband (who cannot carry a stinking tune) sang it around the house for years. One day I stopped him and said “what in H are you
sayin?? Died laughing when he told me all serious..luv that moron.
3. Breathe by Faith Hill
Real lyric: and baby all we need is just to be
Misheard: and baby all we need is just a beer
The story: I thought all country music songs talked about horses and beer. 🙂
4. Down on the Corner by Creedence Clearwater Revival
Real lyric: Willy and the poor boys are playing; Bring a nickel; tap your feet.
Misheard: We’re the pump boys of the band, flinging meatballs at your feet
The story: Up until this moment I never realized WHAT the real words were!
5. My Cherie Amour by Stevie Wonder
Real lyric: Pretty little one that I adore
Misheard: Pretty little wombat I adore
The story: I assumed, I really assumed, it was all about a beloved pet marsupial, and the song was along the lines of Michael Jackson singing about a rat called Ben.
6. Breathe by Melissa Etheridge
Real lyric: It only hurts when I breathe
Misheard: It only burns when I pee
The story: Somehow I managed to figure this one out on my own before I totally wrecked my pride. Good thing too. I sang it that way to myself for years without realizing how stupid it was. Figured it was just one of those weird rock star things.
7. Tubthumping by Chumbawamba
Real lyric: I get knocked down but I get up again
Misheard: I got no job but I’m an opera fan
The story: I just thought that those were the lyrics it’s not really embarrassing.
8. Ticket To Ride by The Beatles
Real lyric: She’s got a ticket to ride, but she don’t care!
Misheard: She’s got a chicken to hide, but she won’t share!
The story: This song was actually not misheard by me, but my big brother told me it. We were discussing misheard lyrics by dinner, and my brother pulled this one out. It was just so epic it had to be shared!
9. You May Be Right by Billy Joel
Real lyric: Friday night I crashed your party
Misheard: Friday night I dressed your Barbie
The story: I came up with the Barbie thing when I was seven or eight and it was the theme song for a sitcom based on Dave Barry’s columns. I realized that I was horrendously incorrect when I was in the car with my mom. The song came on and I burst out laughing. When I got my lungs functioning again I told her what was so funny…she almost drove off the road.
10. Jesus Christ, Superstar Soundtrack
Real lyric: Jesus Christ Superstar, Do you think you are what they say you are?
Misheard: Cheese surprise, superstar, Show me frilly knickers and a see-through bra
The story: I couldn’t understand the singers properly and was convinced that they were singing those lyrics. My friends found it hilarious when I told them